- Worldwide, an estimated three million cases of pesticide poisoning occur every year, resulting in an excess of 250,000 deaths.
- his mortality accounts for a substantial fraction of the almost 900,000 people worldwide who die by suicide every year.
- Intentional and unintentional pesticide poisoning has been acknowledged as a serious problem in many agricultural communities of low- and middle-income countries, including China, India, Sri Lanka, and Viet Nam.
- Efforts to develop a systematic and sustainable approach to the prevention and management of pesticide poisoning remain inadequate.
More than 99% farmers/Laborer’s do not use any protective clothing while spraying pesticide which exposes them to
- Cancer risks
- Lung diseases
- Skin problems
- Every year about 2 million people gets admitted in hospital because of pesticide effect on their body while spraying (Source : Crop Life India)
- About 10000 people loose their lives
- More than 10000 people found to be having visual problems.
- Pesticide residue is found in water , milk , food items major cause of this is not taking any precautionary measures in Pesticide application
How to avoid all of these problems:
Only solution is to wear safety kit while spraying
- Safety kit must beWater , dust, chemical resistant
- Can be used for multiple times
- Breathable non woven
- Contains Monkeycap apron , Gloves , Goggles, Mask, covers entire upper body parts
Top Kit marketers
3. Jaikit Safety Solution (abcdasia.com)
Their founders are from agri input and they have witnessed the kind of unsafe handling of agrochemicals not just from farmers or retailers but from the company employees as well .
They provide safety kits at very affordable rates , You can connect them at abcdasia.com or call at +91 96255 04388
2, Bayer has adopted a life-cycle approach that addresses all major aspects of responsible product management. This includes research, development, registration, plant breeding, production, packaging, labeling, marketing, branding, sales, distribution, handling, application, storage and transport including empty product containers and product/waste disposal. Bayer’s Product Stewardship activities include extensive investment in safety testing of its products, the development of improved packaging solutions and crop production techniques, the development of new technologies for improved seed varieties and the provision of support services to promote responsible product use.
1, In 2013, India was the first country to engage in this global initiative with the launch of the Sanrakshan Kit (“Sanrakshan” in Hindi means “protection”). Now, BASF India has introduced a new version of the Kit, developed especially for smallholders and agricultural sprayers. In addition to the safety equipment, the farmers are also provided with up-to-date information and hands-on training on how to take important stewardship measures for the proper application of crop protection products.
Apart from the safety aspects, the kit has the additional bonus of being affordable, durable and comfortable to wear. With a shelf life of at least two years, it is sufficiently robust to endure rigorous use over a single season. All the components in the kit are packed in a sturdy and compact fiberboard box, weighing less than a kilogram.